Here When You Need Us The Most
The recent fires in Mendocino and Sonoma counties have been devastating for many, Our staff at RCMS would like you to know that we are available to support the health of you, your family and visitors to our community. The information below below will help point you to resources in the event of a natural disaster.
RCMS Hours and Services
- Our Urgent Care services are available 7 days a week. Drop in Monday-Friday 8am-6pm or call 707-884-4005 during holidays and weekends. Primary Care is available at the Gualala and Point Arena RCMS Health Centers and dental services available at the RCMS Point Arena Dental Clinic, for details see all of our locations and hours of operation here.
- We have staff with specialized training in emotional support, therapy and managing trauma.
- We have staff who are specialized in community resources including access to insurance, food aid, and other community resources. Call 707-882-2189 x 124 to connect to a specialist.
Garcia River Road Conditions
During periods of heavy rain, the Garcia River is prone to flooding. If you are not certain about the road conditions, you can monitor them online at the CalTrans website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist1/garcia/. The cameras are regularly updated via satelit about every 15 minutes.
Local Fire Resources & Information
Emergency response agencies throughout Sonoma and Mendocino Counties continue to fight numerous fires. Below are links to resources for fire updates, evacuation centers and other information to keep you informed:
PG&E hosts a series of webinars for anyone who is interested in learning more about our Community Wildfire Safety Program
- Do you use a medical or life support device to treat ongoing medical conditions? Apply for PG&E's Medical Baseline Program. If you qualify, you'll receive a lower rate on your monthly energy bill and receive extra notifications in advance of a Public Safety Power Shutoff.
- Is backup electric power part of your preparedness plan? Learn about backup power options and safety.
- PSPS ZIP Code alerts are available for renters and others without a PG&E account. Sign up for this service if you aren’t an account holder, but want to be notified by PG&E when power will be shut off for safety.